—A structured process for developing leaders by developing strong identities.
Leadership Starting from the Self is a proven and structured process that helps informal, formal, and emerging leaders as well as key contributors at all levels create a strong personal narrative and a vital sense of self-identity, which makes leading as a way of living and working a reality.
If your “leaders” don’t know who they are, how can you expect them to lead others, or have others follow?
Individuals with well-defined stories are natural leaders and innovators.
Why You Will Benefit From Leadership Starting from the Self
Leadership Starting from the Self was developed as a practical and effective tool to reveal the leadership, participative, and collaborative potential we all possess.
Leadership Starting from the Self helps
- establish a concrete, affirming, realistic sense of identity and how it promotes leadership and organizational and personal success.
- develop confidence, clarity, poise, and assuredness of purpose by understanding how and why you do what you do.
- identify your work identity, the place where personal narrative intersects and complements organizational narrative.
- understand the depth, breadth, scope of your abilities and talents and how they support and strengthen your organizational role.
- create a powerful narrative that sets the stage for advancement, meaningful career-pathing, and inspired leading.
Organizations that invest in narrative identification set the stage for success by creating more focused and engaged workforces, have employees who have better job and organization fits, and who lead, follow, respond, and mentor as a matter of course.
Participants exit the process with an encompassing, empowering, and integrated sense of identity. This identity development is immediately applicable and relevant in every sphere of life and work. This powerful tool serves as a complement and keystone to all other development and technical skill-building activities and approaches.
The Leadership Starting from the Self process integrates skills, experience, talents, and the desire for success into a strong Personal Narrative that quickly pays off in inspired leading, improved performance, and added value across the varied roles individuals play within the organization. These development efforts will reveal leaders who are highly valued assets to the organization and indispensible as colleagues.
Experience the power of Leadership Starting From the Self via a Keynote, Workshop, or Coaching, or KeyTreat™.